Sunday, May 22, 2011

Is that a second line?!

We started TTC in September 2010 and like most couples believed that it would happen immediately. After all, we were warned our entire lives how easy it is to get pregnant. What they don't tell you is that it can take a healthy couple up to one year of actively ttc to get pregnant. We were lucky that it did not take a full year and it finally happened to us on our sixth try.

I had been charting my temps for months, trying to figure out my irregular cycles. On the day af was due I had a big temp dip and horrible cramps, which I assumed meant that we were out for the cycle. I was disappointed to say the least because my temps in my 2ww were completely different then any other cycle so I was very optimistic that it was a good sign that we actually got it this time. That night right before bed I thought af had begun to make her appearance so I fully expected she would be there in full force the next morning. I woke up and temp'd as normal and to my surprise my temp spiked back up. I didn't give it much thought and rolled over and went back to sleep. I got up at my normal time and was surprised that af had not shown her ugly face after all. I decided to poas and to my surprise a very faint second line started to pop up after about 20 seconds. I was in complete shock as I was so used to seeing stark white hpt's. I ran to the hall closet and grabbed a first response early response test. I quickly dipped that and again a very faint second line had started to appear. I was so excited and started yelling to Daisy and Bosco, "Is that a second line?! OMG! There's a second line!" They looked at me like I was crazy and were dancing at the door to go outside. I decided to grab a clear blue digital test and dip that one as well. I took the dogs out and when I came back in the digital test said "not pregnant". I was not discouraged though because I knew those tests were not as sensitive as the frer or the IC's I had used. I grabbed three more IC's and dipped those, all showed faint positives. Looking back I now know that what I had the day before was an implantation dip with implantation spotting. I was in such shock that I was actually pregnant! I started shaking and crying, it was one of the best moments of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment