Thursday, November 14, 2013

35 weeks


So I went for the follow up ultrasound and it went ok. Little girl was actually squished up against the cyst so it was hard to get a good measurement. It appears though that it hasn't changed and there is still excellent blood flow throughout the cord. 

So that is the good news BUT little girl is measuring even smaller. She dropped to the 12th percentile and is estimated at 5 lbs 1 oz. The doctors are concerned she is not gaining as she should be and want me to come back for another ultrasound in two weeks. They do believe she is small because she is just a small baby and not because the cyst is effecting the function of the placenta. Her head, abdomen, and leg bone measurements are all proportionate to each other, which is a great sign. They were having trouble getting a good head measurement because she is already in position with her facing towards my back and her head way down. We also watched her lung function for a while and could see her breathing in and out. This is another great sign because it indicates that the lungs are maturing and she is getting plenty of oxygen to the brain. If when I go back in two weeks there is little to no growth though then we will have to talk induction because at that point she would be better off on the outside then in.

I had my regular check up with my OB today and she was not very concerned. She said small does not mean unhealthy. Just because she is little does not mean she will have breathing/lung issues (which I was concerned with since my hospital doesn't have a NICU). Sometimes when they are little they can have issues regulating her body temp so if that happens then she may have to spend a little time in the incubator. 

She also did another ultrasound today to check fluid levels since I've been having a lot of contractions lately and a little fluid appearing. Everything looked perfect though and we got to see that little girl has a good 1/2" of hair already! She also did the strep B test and an internal. I am not dilated at all but she is still in position. 

I continue to have joint pain and swelling and can't really bend my ankles or knees without pain. My hands and fingers go numb during the night and I'm up to pee constantly. The heartburn is killer and is triggered by anything and everything I eat. 

The nursery is done and I just have to finish packing my hospital bag. I'm so ready for her to be here already! Now if we could only figure out a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment