Saturday, April 27, 2013

Here we go again! 7 Weeks

So after a very exciting first year things had finally begun to settle down. Then we got a little (or big) surprise, a bfp!

I had finished breastfeeding Bruce at a year old and af returned 6 weeks later. My cycles seemed slightly longer then before I had Bruce but nothing crazy. I began temping on my second cycle in order to see if I was ovulating and to see what was going on. Everything seemed normal. On my third cycle the plan was to chart my temps and avoid around time of ovulation. Since I had never O'd prior to CD22 I thought as long as we avoided starting on CD17 we would be fine. Well for the first time ever I O'd on CD16 and we just happened to be frisky that night. I had a feeling that I was pregnant and was watching my chart closely. My temps were high and I began to feel symptoms of a UTI. I've never had one before and the only time I had ever experiences those symptoms was when I got pregnant with Bruce. So I decided to test. I first started with some IC's that I had. I dipped one and a very faint ghost line appeared. Thinking it was an evap line I dipped two more. All three had faint ghost lines. Now convinced I got a bad batch of tests I turned to the Internet to check their serial numbers. But before I could do that a friend talked me into testing with a first response and sure enough after about 30 seconds a second pink line popped up!

Surprise is an understatement lol.While I had a feeling I was pregnant the fact that I actually was, was pretty shocking. We had talked about ttc again this summer so I figured that by the time we got pregnant again Bruce would be 2 1/2 - 3 years old when the new baby arrived. Now we were going to have two under two! A swirl of emotions ran through me and I was shaking like crazy. I was laughing and crying and was just totally in disbelief. I think I was just not mentally prepared to be pregnant again yet. I mean we were going to start ttc in a couple months so in the grand scheme of things it was really not a big deal at all. I was never upset that I was pregnant but just felt unprepared. But that quickly passed and I got really excited!

So I was going out with my mom for the day and knowing I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret from her, I called R at work. He didn't pick up. I called back two more times and he finally picked up. I told him I needed to talk to him that it was an emergency but he was very busy. He said he doubted it was an emergency since I sounded happy. I told him to check his text in 5 seconds and then he could tell me if it was an emergency lol. I had sent him a pic of the positive test and a pic of Bruce sleeping next to a little sign that said "I'm going to be a big brother!" We hung up and I got a text back in about 2 seconds that said "OMG!" lol. He called me a few minutes later and was so relaxed. He said while he was surprised it really didn't matter. He also said he preferred it this way instead of months if trying like we did for Bruce.

I am 7 weeks today and things have been pretty smooth so far. The nausea this time around is much worst though. I feel sick from when I get up to when I go to bed. At least with Bruce I felt better when I ate but not this one. The last couple days it has stopped around 6pm so I'm hoping that stays or continues to get better. I am beyond bloated and already moved from my size 0 to size 2 jeans. I have a hard time keeping my eyes open after 3pm, which is difficult with Bruce. I also have some consistent light cramping from my ligaments stretching but nothing crazy.

I had blood work to confirm my pregnancy two weeks ago and our first ultrasound is schedule for Friday! I can't wait to see my little one's heartbeat and make sure everything is okay. R is taking the day off from work and we're going to make a day of it with Bruce, lunch and then the park if it's nice. I'm so excited!

I'll post some pics of my texts to R and my 7 week bump when I get on my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment