Sunday, December 15, 2013

38 - 39 weeks

What a crazy few weeks it has been! So at 38 weeks I had my bpp ultrasound recheck and baby was looking good. They couldn't do another growth ultrasound since a full week hasn't passed yet since the last one (insurance won't pay) but they were estimating her just under 6 lbs. I was 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced and +1 station. 

The dr "pushed back" my membranes and I immediately lost my baby plug. The baby had been very restless in there and I felt very off all day. The dr thought I'd go within the next 48 hrs and told me to call when contractions were 10 mins a part for at least an hour. I was kind of surprised because with DS she told me to call when they were 3 mins a part but she's nervous since Bruce came so fast. 

So at 39w2d I had a bpp ultrasound and non stress test. Baby looked good on ultrasound but did terrible on the monitor, low heart rate/movement. They gave me some juice and she perked up enough to pass. The dr was a complete ass and basically didn't give me any info. He was completely on a different page for a plan of action then the other doctors in the practice and I left very upset. That evening I had called the on call dr for decreased fetal movement (which had been happening all weekend along with contraction every 15 mins a part but then fizzling out to nothing). I was told to go down to the hospital for monitoring and everything checked out fine. The dr told me to come to the office the next day for another ultrasound.

I went in the next day and again she did great on ultrasound but terrible on the monitor. The gave me some juice again and she perked up enough to pass the non stress test. The Dr was concerned though because she should have been bopping around considering I had just eaten lunch with a big glass of iced tea and had hot chocolate and two glasses of OJ earlier. She checked me again and I was still 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. 

The dr believes while little girl was healthy she was stressed.  She wants me to be induced  but the problem is baby is considered "boarder line" on paper for the insurance company (talk about infuriating). AND since I was initially going for the growth ultrasounds at the high risk dr they need their ok for the induction. So the following day I went for a growth ultrasound with them and the HR dr said while baby looked healthy she is small and likely stressed. He was concerned if we waited any longer it could start to effect her and recommended I go in that day for an induction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment